By Abbie Lahmers
With over 30 years in business, Perfect Touch Interiors, now in Lincoln, has been helping customers feel more relaxed and comfortable in their spaces by providing designs that are both liveable and stylish. “No job is too big or small,” says owner Manuela Montaquila, whether that means curating the feel of a room with the perfect accent pieces or installing new window treatments. Montaquila and her team of design consultants work closely with clients to create personalized, custom looks, using the latest in textiles, lighting, flooring, furniture, decor, and more.
“We design to your taste, not our brand or fads and trends,” says Montaquila, who is celebrating 10 years of heading Perfect Touch Interiors. She values the lasting relationships she has built with clients who bring their ideas to her, and she transforms them into reality with custom designs. “We have tailored our business to come to you and design within your home or business, making us more readily available to meet your needs.”
If the new year has you looking around your home and envisioning ways to refresh and enliven the spaces where you spend the most time relaxing, Montaquila offers six tips for creating dramatic new looks with minimal effort.
- All About Accents: Make a quick and inexpensive change to a room with accessories and decor, adding some color to a neutral palette. Think bowls and vases, candles, throw pillows, and cozy blankets, whether it’s metallic, bold, pastel solids, or that zebra stripe you love but can’t decide where it should go – have fun with it.
- Focus on the Floor: Introduce some different colors and patterns with a new area rug. Don’t be afraid to layer varying textures or colors, and if you have a wall-to-wall carpet, add an area rug to create some interest to that solid base.
- Peak Interest with Art: This could be a brand new piece, or simply reframe artwork you already have on display. Personalize a space by having your own favorite photos printed on framed or unframed canvas.
- Standout Wall: A fresh coat of paint in an accent color or wallpaper beneath your artwork will definitely pop. Pull a color from a piece of art you love and use that for the art wall, or place a black and white photo on geometric wallpaper and see the space come to life.
- Fun With Side Tables: Never overlook the power of a new side or martini table. Be bold with color and texture, incorporating one with a stone or glass top. Metal is a great choice for a space that uses a lot of wood.
- Fresh Lighting: Shine a light on a room you already love to combat the dark days of winter with updated lighting fixtures, whether ceiling, table, or floor lamps. Don’t be afraid to mix and match.
For more expert advice with an at-home or in-office consultation, reach out to Perfect Touch Interiors to make an appointment.
Perfect Touch Interiors • 1 Court Drive, Lincoln • 401-944-4440 • Manuela@perfecttouchinteriors.com
1 comment on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here
Thursday, February 24, 2022 Report this